Borroughs Wilsonstak offers a nationwide group of library equipment specialists who are fully prepared to assist you in all phases of Library Bookstack planning. Our Borroughs Wilsonstak experts are pleased to offer assistance with floor plan layouts, engineering data, product information, and budget pricing.
Periodicals and special display shelves ride on hinged shelves with back issues stored conveniently under the display. Optional plexiglas covers are available to protect materials.
Wilsonstak media storage accommodates all kinds of media:
- Single & Double Tier Sloped Media Shelves
- Media Hanger Racks
- Multi-Media Browsing Boxes
- Newspaper Racks
- Sloped Display Bases
- Storage Shelves
- Sliding Reference Shelves
- Free-Standing book Supports
- Sliding Dividers on Integral Backstop Shelves
- Adjustable Dividers on Slotted Shelves
- Undershelf Wire Book Supports
Mobile Book Carts
Introducing Borroughs’ Mobile Book Carts: Storage that moves you. Design your own mobile cart with custom heights and configurations: add universal media shelves, pull out browsing boxes or paperback zig-zag shelves. Heavy duty construction with 5” locking casters and double sided entry for easy access. Convenient and efficient.
Library Bookstack Planning
With today’s multimedia collections, proper planning, layout and selection of bookstacks and accessories is a very important part of library design.
Standard Bookstack Sizes
Widths: 36″ or 30″ wide overall
Heights: 42″, 54″, 66″, 78″, 84″, 90″, or 93″
Depths: *Single-faced: 8″, 9″, 10″, or 12″
*Double-faced: 16″, 18″, 20″ or 24″
Special sizes can be made to order.
Standard Cantilever Systems
- Frames made of 16 gauge welded steel, eliminating sway braces and starter/adder component Shelves made of 18 gauge steel with front and back triple bends to prevent sagging.
- Wrap around base brackets become part of the frame, offering greater stability.
- Base shelves are made of one piece, ensuring stable, free-standing installations.
- Each frame accommodates single or double face configuration.
- Wilsonstak shelving surpasses all American Library Association strength and durability standards.
Case-Style shelving, with full-height double wall construction, creates a bookcase-like appearance. A finished product with no exposed holes, slots or unfinished edges gives the unit smooth, clean lines. Case-Style shelving blends into any office environment with its wide range of available colors. The patented sliding divider adjusts easily to any shelf position while holding files securely in place. Shelves are free of any slots that are normally needed for dividers.
Children’s Area Shelving
Kids can be tough on shelves. And, they need them shorter. Our 42″ high divider-type shelving keeps children’s materials organized and within easy reach, while our strong, durable shelving units have field-proven stability.
Wilsonstak Multi-Level Systems
Borroughs’ Multi-Level systems are designed to maximize floor space by taking advantage of unused overhead space. These systems can be a cost effective alternative to new construction. Multi-Level Library bookstacks have up to six-level systems that are handicap accessible. The wire management systems are especially suited for high-tech research facilities. Borroughs engineers work closely with end users, architects and contractors to ensure the best installation of Multi-Level shelving systems.